Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 2500 Radiator Cooling Fan?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Shadow, May 26, 2003.

1. Shadow

Shadow Newbie

How can I test or tell if the radiator cooling fan is working. I've noticed lately that the radiator cooling fan does not come on when the temp gauge shows the engine is getting hotter than normal. Is it fused? It's a 1991 2500, 454 2WD Suburban

2. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

I would monitor temp. and if it doesnt come on when A/C is turned on.....you definately have a fan motor problem or fan controller problem.The PCM may not be turning the fan on, check all the normal stuff, fuses relays......you may need to get the wiring diagram for it.If you can disconnect one of the fans and apply 12 + and ground see if fan works at all , then go from there.

Check your anti- freeze level in radiator, if its low...it could pose a problem.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

It has a thermo switch. GM has it coming on at 220. I did some work on mine and improved how it works.