Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 BBC TBI on SBC

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4X4HIGH, Jul 22, 2004.

1. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What are people doing about the TV cable hook-up and the cruise control cable on the TBI? I have a BBC TBI but there is only one provision for hooking up the throttle cable, nothing for anything else. Also I thought I seen somewhere there is an electrical wire adapter for the TPS switch but what about the IAC?

Ok, I just found the adapter wiring and its for the IAC not the TPS, (turbo city #975-325 = $19.95) I also discovered that GM used 3 different styles of TPS switches of which 2 are interchangable.

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Duno what this thing looks like, but can't you make a bracket or something to work?

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am thinking about taking the bracket piece off of the throttle shaft and replacing it with one I have off a spare SBC TBI. The other thought is to just swap out the whole shaft depending on how the throttle blades attach to the shaft. As long as the throttle blades don't go through the shaft then I can just enlarge the openning and go that way.