Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 fuelinjected probs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K10ANDYKHAMNIC, Nov 27, 2001.

1. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

hey all my dad had an 87 1 ton crew cab 4x4 ack i want it haha , anyways the enigne he said sometimes kinda intake backfiresor sumthing like that , he suspects sticky valves ,the p o said it had had valvework before ... i suggested cleaning the throttle body and checking the maf .. anything else ?

dents ....
    O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE :)

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hey Andy, sounds like it either jumped time at the chain or its firing at the wrong time at the distributor.

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

he said it only does it veryseldomly tho

dents ....
    O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE :)

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Then its more likely a distributor timing issue. The timing may be shifting due to either vacuum problems or in some computer controlled ignitions a bad sensor ( air flow meter, etc.)

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Is it popping through the intake or exhaust? May need to check the "air injection" system that supplys air into the exhaust manifold (and on some, the cat also). If the valve is hanging up/inoperative oxygene cooks off (backfires) in the exhaust. A good shop manual can explain this far better than I can.

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!