Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 H.O.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LA Bogger, Dec 23, 2000.

1. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

I thinking of swapping my 350 engine to a 454 H.O. crate motor. Has anybody done this with a 700R transmission. Is it a bolt in beside radiator and motor mounts????

Thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You'll also need all the brackets to attach the accessories to the 454. The small block brackets won't fit it.

If that 700r4 is stock, plan on it not lasting too long behind that torque monster! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

3. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

The trans is from JET Performance. Seems pretty tight compared to the previous trans...

4. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

NOT JUST BRACKETS ,BUT PULLEYS ,HOSES AND BELTS,THAT'S WHY IT IS EASIER TO FIND A DONOR SOME TIMES .IF THERE IS ANYTHING SPECIFIC YOU NEED THEN EMAIL ME .I have a factory parts catalog and you would not believe all the stuff that GM still sells for big blocks .Good luck,DAVE

Always searching for that pot of gold!Got any old musclecar parts lying around????

5. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

I think someone on here might have a bigblock in front of a 350 tranny. Wouldn't think it hold up, but they said they've been running it for years. Also heard a 700r4 could be beefed up to withstand a 454. So your jet performance tranny may be the ticket. Let us know how it turns out. - Jay