Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454/Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crookedunit, Dec 20, 2003.

1. crookedunit

crookedunit Registered Member

If a put a 454 in my 73K5, will there be room for headers? The headers on my 350 fit pretty snug.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep, there are a few out there. Doug Thorley Tri-Y's fit just fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

The big block heads are going to sit farther over the top of the frame, (provided you use the motor mounts from the 350). The big block headers will fit snugly, and will probably rub the frame, but a little finessing with a hammer and dolly you can flatten a spot on the outboard side of the header so it will clear the frame and not rub.it doesn't have to be much more than a 1/2 inch. If you go with a solid motor mount even less.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have Doug Thorley Tri-Y's on my 454 in my K5...The fit perfectly...The only issue with the installation is that I had to remove one of the factory bumpstops ont he pass. side and since mine is a TBI motor, I had to modiffy the knock sensor connector a bit to clear the headers...

Chris

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I put thorleys on my 496 and i hadta jack the motor up to get em in.