Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 in 69 Blazer oil pan clearence question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6335, Dec 8, 2003.

1. 6335

6335 Registered Member

Just finished putting my 454 in my 69 Blazer and the oil pan is about 1/64 from the crossmember, I mean close. I also used new motor mounts. Will I get so much engine flex that I will where a hole in my pan? Can I take the oil pan off and massage the pan in about 1/4" inch? Just looking for someone who has done this swap to get some of your input. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

as long as its not on the bottom of the oil pan you can alittle. just be careful not to crimp up the sides and the bottom has baffles. im asasuming this is on the slope down part. also is this a 2wd 69??? everything i ever read said that there was only a part number and none actually produced in 2wd till 70?????????????????

69k5

3. 6335

6335 Registered Member

Yes it is where it starts to slope down. Thinking about putting small spacers between enginge and mounts to bring the engine up. This is a fairly stock 454 so does not have a great amount of stress on the mounts. What do you think about doing that? Thanks for the reply /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 6335

6335 Registered Member

Sorry forgot to mention this is a 4wheel drive, probably should have put in 4x4 section but I thought you guys have probably done alot of these swaps.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i wouldnt put spacers in there. honestly when you had the motor out I would take the grinder and just make alittle room in there. a 454 even stock has lots of torque. if you are gonna put spacers i would make it grade 8 and on the bottom side of the engine mount where it meets the frame and the metal plate is.