Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 into a 91 2500 Suburban ????`

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKSRULE, Jan 2, 2003.

1. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of putting a 454 into my Suburban. I want to keep it TBI so what will I need? Will the 350 TBI flow enough or do I need one for a 454? Are all of the 454 TBI units the same? Can I just change the PROM in my computer or do I need a 454 computer? Anything else you guys can think of? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I don't know for sure about the T.B.I. unit, bot the computer is different for the 454, not just prom.

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

HELL YEAH YOU WANT A 454 TBI UNIT! You got 104 more cubic inchs of potential HP, you dont want to hinder that with the little 350 tbi unit(though it would give you EXCELLENT torque at idle speed). I would think that you could use the original computer set up if it connects, all the computer does is look at the O2 to determine how much fuel to give. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

So are all the 454 TBIs the same or do I ned to look for one from an SS454? Or should I just get an aftermarket unit. I would like to find a junk truck with a good motor to us for the swap. Maybe I will have to shell out the bucks to place a wanted add.