Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BCB2, Jan 16, 2003.

1. BCB2

BCB2 Registered Member

OK.. got a bunch of questions here.. First off, I'm looking at a 1988 3/4 suburban 2 wheeler with the 454 tbi and TH400. Minor rust on rear quarters and rockers, good interior, runs good. The guy wants $1200. good deal? Second, how big of a pain would it be to swap this 454 into an older truck with no computer setup? Third, I was told that TH400's from two wheelers are will mate to a NP205 without changing the mainshaft. Any truth in this? Thanks for any help.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

It depends on if you want to keep the TBI setup or not. If so, you'll have to pull the wiring and the computer too. This isnt really that bad to do and is a good idea. If not, That year might have the stock GM TBI adapter on it. The 454's had this for a few years before the intake manifolds changed. You could simply remove the TBI and the adapter and change out the distributer and be on your way. It sounds like a good deal to me for a complete vehicle with the big block. You could expect to pay that much without the surburban around it.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Ditto...a good running 454 will set you back that much

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well about the 2wd th400, yes the shaft is the same, the only difference is it has a threaded hole to bolt the yoke on it. I just used one to rebuild and mate to my np208.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

If you don't want the TBI send it my way!!! : )

andy