Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 rocker arm torque settings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBadCad, Nov 12, 2002.

1. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

I will be replacing a broken rocker arm this evening and was wondering if anyone could provide me with the initital torque settings. I also assume that I'll have to drop the oil pan to remove any metal chips/chunks from the broken rocker...any other tips?
    thanks in advance

2. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

The stud or the actual rocker arm? How you adjust the rocker arm is dependednt on what type of cam you have. Is it solid or hydralic?

3. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

The stud is fine, I just need to replace the rocker arm and pushrod.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There isn't a 'torque setting' for rocker arms. You have to get the cam lobe for that cylinder on the base circle, then crank down on the rocker arm nut while spinning the pushrod between your fingers. When you feel drag on the push rod, then you've taken the slack out of the valvetrain for that particular valve. Tighten the rocker arm nut another 1/2-turn and you should be good to go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif