Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85gmcOD, Apr 8, 2007.

1. 85gmcOD

85gmcOD Registered Member

i just got a 454 and a 400 trans and the motor has an edelbrock intake acarb mallory ignition a water pump, oil oan and head.. all the internal stuff is done.. im having trouble peicing the rest of the motor togeter... and i dont belieiv the mootr has been balanced wither... im looking just to finish it off and get it in the truck... headers, fuel pumps pulleys plugs any suggestions and fits with differtn headers and so on... any suggestions would be a great help.. thanks

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What are you looking for?? I used a set of Dynomax on my old 84, fit with no problems, had to lift the pass side to get them on IIRC. I used stock parts on mine, fuel/water pump etc.

3. 85gmcOD

85gmcOD Registered Member

i just wanna get it running and not much else ... make sure evrythign works and get the truck running.... pretty basic and maybe in time do some other stuff... and what did u do for your cooling??? electric fans be good enough

4. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Truck had a new radiator in it, but I never really drove it after I put the motor in. Just up and down the road, regrooving the tires :) But IIRC it was a 4 core that I got the parts store.