Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 specs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Glazier, Feb 12, 2006.

1. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

454 4bolt main (bored .020 over)
    049 heads, polished but not ported
    Comp. Cam # 11-420-8
    270 duration
    566 lift
    Comp. Cam- full roller set-up
    Eldebrock #EDL-3764
    TBinjected
    Headers with 3" exhaust
    This will be going in a 90 blazer. Not sure what I'll be using it for, :screwy: yet. Just want a nice street truck for now untill the first dent:doah: (the whole truck is in excellent condition), besides I have an 86k30 to wheel.
    Please let me know what you think.:1zhelp:
    Thanks,
    Joe

DSC01253 (750 x 562).jpg

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

:laugh:

thats right in line with my big block specs, well pretty dern close,

im not injected however, mine makes my off road truck feel like a rocket, brings smiles to my face and I love drivin a big block just for the hell of it and wasting gas,

however..the rumble is a temtaion I cant resist...

next of the demo list for you is tranny, axels, frame parts etc... if you enjoy it anyways.

3. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

I have been trying to get the TBI to work with the 454 I put in my dually for a couple of months now. Mine is bored and stroked, but with a milder cam than what you have listed. Same intake manifold and headers/dual exhaust. It has been very aggravating. I had to change both in tank pumps out to high pressure pumps and I am running 24 lbs of fuel pressure to try and feed the engine with a custom chip, but it still is not running where it should be. If I had to do it all over again, I would have went a different route for fuel induction.

Russ

4. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Russ, wish I could help you, but to tell you the truth, I know very little on exactly what sensors do what. I am leaving that part up to friend who has 10X the knowledge I have on this subject.

Supersize- yes I know I know which parts will go first, but will try to cover all the bases before I drive like you.:haha:

More input please
    Joe

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

lol what are ya saying?

just so ya dont think im insane I dont drive crazy on the trail, it more of at the wash that the stupid stuff occurs..its easy to get it on a trailer that way:haha:

6. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

That's almost exactly what my big block is cam and all- i have a 280 duration nos cam- but the lift is the same - i have 110 cc chambered aluminum edlebrock heads though- and she just is a torque monster to 5 grand- Jess

Picture 142.jpg