Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Glazier, Feb 21, 2004.

1. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Search is not working for me.......
    Considering swapping out the 350 for a 454. Truck is a 1990 blazer with all stock fuel injection and components. Will my stock fuel injection system work with the swap? If not, what will I need to change? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifJoe

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you'd have to adapt the intake to accept the TBI setup, but that would just be an adaptor plate. However your 350 throttle body has 2 bores at 1 11/16", stock 454 throttle body has 2" bores. A 350 Throttle body would starve a 454, also the injectors would have to be changed for the bigger 454 units. Otherwise things should be a simple swap process. Personally I'd go carb with a 454 swap since its not gonna get good mileage either way and its just gonna be a beast.

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

If you can get a 454 TB unit COMPLETE with injectors and such and the ECM... Try to get a 454 throttle body that accepts sensors that use the same connectors that are on your current wiring harness. If you get a TB with different connectors on the sensors you will have to find the correct connectors for the harness-side and splice them in...Aside from that, it is a cake walk. Your current fuel pump will work. You MAY have to get new fuel lines (the ones that go fom the the hard line on the frame up to the throttle body) as the ends around the distributor are diffrent. I had to swap about 75% of my connectors as my truck is an 87 and the BBC I have in there is a 1992...

Chris