Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 TBI & 700r???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Glazier, Aug 5, 2006.

1. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Any one here running a 454tbi with a 700R trans? If so, what throttle body are you using? The 454 throttle bodies are without the kick-down cable connection on the throttle body. Right now, I have the 350 TB with 454 injectors. Will this combo feed enough fuel for the BB.
    Thanks in advance,
    Joe

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

This is interesting to me b/c I just bought a complete 454 TBI and I was going to rebuild and install it into my '90 K5 w/ 700R4. :crazy:

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just a fyi, 700r4's are not kickdown cables, they're tv cables, big difference..

And I'm surprised there's no provision for the tv cable end to be hooked to the throttle actuator.. should be able to hook it up wherever there's a provision for a kickdown... or drill a hole and add a ballsocket.. the other mounting point for the tv is the bracket at the back of the intake...

not 100% sure but I think a 350 TB can be machine to BB bores...

4. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

5. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Yea, my mistake on the tv cable. Couldn't quite remember the name for it. According to GM, 454's came with the TB400, then the 4L80 which are electric. So no TB was made for the 700R. As you stated, my next move was to modify the 350TB or have the 350Tb bored out.
    Thanks for the link, thats where I'll go if I can't modify.
    Also the TV cable bracket mounts different on a edlbrock mani then on a stock 350 mani and now I can't get the right adjustment. More modification I guess, but I think I can get the proper bracket at the local speed shop.
    thanks for all the info guys,
    Joe