Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 TBI setup

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by big pappa b, May 3, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Just looking to see what's out there. I'd like to put a fuel injection system of some sort on my 454. Cheapest way is to find a setup of a stock vehicle.
    Anyone parting out a big block truck. Would like to get everything out of an 87-95 Chevy/GMC)... wiring harness, computer, o2 sensor ...blah blah blah

Anyone??

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

lol

I cant find this crap too, good luck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I went to Turbo City and they have a complete setup (TBI) for $1295 that will handle up to 400hp.
    400hp setup I asked if they had anything that could go higher in case I wanted to upgrade my motor and they said 400hp is pushing the upper limits of a TBI setup. The HP is limited by the injector size, (2) 75# injectors at 9-13 psi. You could use higher pressure, but the program would take alot of work, maybe a vacuum sensitive regulator.

So at this poing I'm not even going to try a stock setup.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I have a holley pro-jection that can be used (BBC and SBC switch) on to a BBC... just needs a wiring harness (around $100.00 from summit) and a fuel pump

I have never used this one, but the one that I have on my SBC kicks so much major ass that I cant even explain it.