Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 Vacuum Hose Woes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stkcode, Oct 2, 2006.

1. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Could some please post a pic or two of the vaccum hose routing where the speed control actuator is from a 454 bb?

Someone did some not-so-nice custom work, including a Ford check valve with electrical tape rapped around one end, so it would fit the vaccum hose coming from the intake. :confused:

Heres what I've got:

The fitting on the intake has 2 nipples, one goes to the Ford check valve, the other has a short tube with a bolt in it (PO's doing). :doah:

Vacuum line comes from the intake fitting to a Ford check valve, then to a "T"

From the "T", one line goes to the small vacuum port on the speed control actuator. The other tube goes to another "T"

From this "T", one line continues to the windshield washer jug (where it connects to another check valve at the jug). The other tube is a plastic tube that runs into the cab. I presume this is for the a/c...heater, the fresh air flap, or both.

I'm trying to figure out whats needed and whats not, specially with the check valve stuff. My Haynes manual stinks when it comes to this kind of stufff. Why does the vacuum fitting on the intake have 2 nipples? I'm guessing the 2nd nipple was for a vaccum hose that went to the th400?

Hopefully, I can post some pics soon.

Thanks for any insight!