Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

454 with 700 tranny

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, May 17, 2002.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about buying a 454 with fuel injection out of a 92 Suburban, now my question is if my 700 tranny will bolt up to the 454 without any problems.

Has anybody done this.

2. Lonnie

Lonnie 1/2 ton status

Yes it will bolt up. Just be sure to verify that the flywheel has the correct bolt pattern for the torque converter before you bolt it together.
    Lonnie

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

A 454 will push a stock 700r4 to its limits. Espically the eariler ones. The stock 700 is only good for around 325 Hp.
    If you are easy on it it may last awhile. But if you have a heavy foot( Kind of hard not to with a big block/forums/images/icons/smile.gif) Plan on putting a built 700 in before too long.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tciauto.com/truck/truck_transmissions.htm> (link)TCI Auto</a> has a line of truck master transmissions that should work very well behind that 454.
    A 700 can be built to handle a 454 no problem but the 4L80 or a TH400 are the best auto trannys to have with a 454