Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering what all I would have to change? Most likely I'll have a shop do it, but if I can do it really easy, then I'd just do it myself. I would probably just yank the TBI stuff out of a truck with a TBI. I'm not sure how to go about it, so I thought I would ask.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. BLzr4x4ngkid

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't be bad... you will need a new ecm... and may need to change some wiring on the wiring harness... or else just get a new harness. They may even be the the same... try calling and comparing part numbers from a GM dealer. If they are different I bet most stuff would be similar and would only require minor work to work. Just be very carful about what guage and how you attach the wire. I recomend a very good and clean solder job... if you mess it up and have too much resistence you'll have problems.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

4. FastEddy

FastEddy 1/2 ton status

I have a 454 TBI in my 87 chev 1ton dually wrecker, from factory...plus it's built up a bit....any questions let me know.....mine also has a factory equipped electric fan in front of the rad, as well as the clutch fan mounted on the motor...from what i understand the electric fan comes with the 454 when equipped with air cond....harness looks the same as my 90 suburban with the 350 TBI...if your looking for a 454 tbi complete I will be pulling mine soon to replace it with a 350 TBI...to be honest the motor only has 82000 kms and has more power than you would ever need...but the gas mileage is just killing me....that's why I'm swapping it...ED

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

Uhh, are you selling the motor or what? I might be interested in the wiring. How much would you want for the wiring and how much for the motor? I'm definately going to be interested in the wiring, the motor is a maybe.

6. FastEddy

FastEddy 1/2 ton status

Motor and harness are for sale, but won't sell the harness separately, unless the motor sells first, just in case the guy wants to put it in a fuel inj. truck....only the underhood part of the harness comes with motor, from the fusebox forward, plus the ecm, the in cab harness is the same as a small block TBI 87 truck, the motor was built by a reputable shop and has been trouble free, has an edelbrock aluminum hi rise intake for the TBI, large throttle body, low-mid range torquer cam, hi volume oil pump, 10.5 to 1 forged pistons, etc, also the motor comes complete from factory air cleaner (with the large cold air hose and intake), to the pan, and includes waterpump, pulleys, fan, etc and a/c brackets, starter, distributer, etc...will be selling flywheel separately, but am keeping my clutch disc/presure plate (they are not stock) motor also comes with the cast factory exhast manifolds with the o2 sensers....also the power steering pump and resevoir will go with the motor, want $2800 canadian funds for everything with the harness, you pick it up or pay for shipping, I can pack it on a pallet for shipping and get it to a depot in winnipeg, Manitoba.....motor is still in the truck and driven daily, only gets synthetic oil, will be spotless inside....ED