Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465-205 Adapter/Sleeve questions with pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Impex, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Had a crack in 2 spots on my older adapter (in the corners)

crack

Crack 2

Got an another one (thx to Seventy4Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif )its the same but its sorta different. The reason i say its different is the sleeves are different from the old to the newer one.

Part #'s

The one on the right is the newer one and the numbers are the same except the newer one as a -2 at the end (see in pic) now here are the sleeves

Old on the left Newer on the Right

Sleeve pic #2

on pic #2 the old one has like 2 snap rings and the newer one has only one (you can also see the shoulder which adds to the xtra length. so the question is i don't know which one to run or what to look for to figure out what one to run...thx guys!!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You could use either one but make sure you get the right end into the shaft as one end could fit all the way and the other won't.

Which sleeve to use? Simple: find the one with the best splines that are not worn out. From the pics, the splines appear to look pretty good, but unless I could hold them and visually inspect them, I would choose the one with more metal and no worn surfaces on them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

just looks like ugly casting to me, i would run that adapter
    in fact i think both of mine look similar to that, 1 for sure
    do both ends of the 'new' adapter have the extra length?