Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465/205 needed

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by pvfjr, Mar 30, 2005.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

So I went to the Puyallup swap meet a while ago, and there I saw a 465/205 that was already twin sticked for $200! I wanted it, but had no money at the moment. Sure I could have gotten his contact number, but that would have been too smart. Now I'm kicking myself, and find out that I won't even be at the Portland swap meet, so I may be out of luck. Can someone keep an eye out for me? Even if there's someone who still has one at the end of the swap meet, I could buy it from them later if they're not too far away. Ask around, get info, let me know. I'd appreciate it. A deal like I found earlier would be what I was looking for, but I'm flexible of course.

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

What all do you need? There is a 75 4x4 3/4ton (no idea of motor) factory 4sp truck here in town im trying to get, dont really need it but id send it your way. Let me know
    The truck has been sitting for a LONG time, i havent even talked to the 85 year old guy yet, but we are demoing his house this summer and i doubt he is taking it with him.

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well my current one is leaking all over the place, has no speedometer output, and has stripped out threads on the tranny. I'm tired of messing with it, and just want to swap in a trustworthy one with no issues, one that's twin sticked or one that I can twin stick before I swap it in. Right now I just have a 10 spline, would be simplest just to keep it that way. I don't want a lot of down time here.

4. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

I have a spare set taking up space on an engine stand. Not twin sticked though...

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I can twin stick it myself, I don't think I'm gonna get a deal as sweet as what I saw earlier. I was just hoping. You guys can let me know the details of what you find - price, condition, etc. Just send a pm if you want.

6. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hey brad can you get a little more info on that truck? i need a bunch of parts for my crew cab. like everything but the body and rear axle let me know what is happening and if anything is usable and worth my time to try and get.

7. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Sure will rick,
    i wont be working back at that job till monday, but i will try to get ahold of the guy, truck is rough, but who cares, its got a load of good parts, however, if its a BBC truck, i need parts off the motor.

8. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

thats ok I am not in a big hurry. and if its a bbc then i want the motor at least the main part what are you needing for bbc parts?

9. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I'm interested guys, so let me know what condition they're in and what it'll run me. Thanks.

10. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

205/465

I want 200 for mine but, I saw a set advertised on the wall of the local westbay for 150.00 I can get the number if your interested.

11. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I'm picking one up from someone on brokebastard.com on Saturday. MEPR may be interested though, we're not sure yet. He reserves the right to change his mind at any moment. :grin:

12. teamgerth

teamgerth Registered Member

I also have one if you need another one (Mike said you might need another one)

13. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I'll keep them all in mind as I try to convince all my friends to convert. :grin: I guess there's no shortage.

14. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I had my 465/205 out of my Blue Crew Cab sold to Dillon (MEPR) before I went to the swap meet, then a couple hours later I got a message saying he changed his mind. That was a quicker mind change than the 3/4 ton axles.

Now, the last message I got, he wants it again. Now I'M not sure if I'm gonna get rid of it. I think I may have changed my mind now, especially if my Cummins motor sells this week.

15. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well he can always helicoil the one I got if he wants. Probably the cheapest route. After that last trip to Spokane, I think he wants to dump the 700R4, I might be able to get him committed if I've got one sitting right in front of him...