Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465/205 swap done...Q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Jan 1, 2005.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

the swap is finally done.had d/s lengthened($152.77)when i took it out of 4hi,the front d/s still spins.is it supposed to?it's been awhile since i ran this set-up and i don't remember.could someone give me a clue...please?i could also use a 205 shifter knob if anyone has one lying around.i guess it's not absolutely necessary,but it gives it the final stock looking appearance.thanks!

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

did you unlock your front hubs?

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

when i had an sm465 np 205 set up in my blazer. the front shaft did spin sometimes with the hubs unlocked and the t-case in 2 hi. when it did spin it was very slow. like 1 turn in a mile:grin:

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

fluid drive!!

I can see the front shaft in my 74 spinning in 2wd first drive in the morning overnight(thanks to a missing shifter boot)-I think the thick 90W gear oil makes it spin,it only spins slowly,and for about 3-4 miles,then the oil thins out enough so it doesnt turn anymore--as long as its not sending power to the front wheels,I'd say its a normal quirk of the NP205--if you can turn the front shaft by hand with the hubs unlocked in 2wd,I'd say there's nothing wrong...:crazy:

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

thank-you!1