Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465/205 swap ???'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Nov 16, 2004.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

465/205 swap ???\'s

do i need to lengthen or shorten the driveshaft?i'm going from a 700r4/208.also,which clutch should i get?this is for daily driver/2-tracking use.no hardcore off-road use.should i get the three-finger or diaphragm-type clutch?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: 465/205 swap ???\'s

you will need to shorten the front driveshaft and get a different rear driveshaft. i like a diaphram type clutch. you don't need anything special for what your gonna do with it.

3. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i wasn't planning on d-shaft problems.can shorter shafts be swaped from another vehicle?that really throws a wrench into the plan.

4. big83chevy4x4

the driveshafts from a truck with a 465/205 will fit perfectly. just make sure to get the drive shafts from a long bed truck to fit your truck.

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

so will a front d-shaft from a short bed manual fit? does anyone know the length of the rear shaft? i may have one but i'm not for sure.

6. big83chevy4x4

yes the front driveshaft of a manual will fit off a blazer, shortbed, burb, or longbed. make sure it has the stick and the 205 tcase, the newer ones came with a np208.

you could just get the rear from a shortbed and get it lengthened. there is a machine shop down the road from me that would lengthen it for $50 then in greenville there is a place that ballances them for $25.

7. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    do i need to lengthen or shorten the driveshaft?i'm going from a 700r4/208.also,which clutch should i get?this is for daily driver/2-tracking use.no hardcore off-road use.should i get the three-finger or diaphragm-type clutch?

[/ QUOTE ]

you going to sell the 700r4/208 ?

8. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yes the front driveshaft of a manual will fit off a blazer, shortbed, burb, or longbed. make sure it has the stick and the 205 tcase, the newer ones came with a np208.

you could just get the rear from a shortbed and get it lengthened. there is a machine shop down the road from me that would lengthen it for $50 then in greenville there is a place that ballances them for $25.

[/ QUOTE ]can i get more info on these places?if it'll be that cheap,that's great!people are telling me $3-500 for d-saft mods.where are you in Sheridan?i've thought about looking you up when i'm up that way,but haven't.i keep my eyes peeled for your truck though.

9. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]you going to sell the 700r4/208 ?

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifmaybe if someone wants to buy it.i'm sure shipping would be reasonably cheap(poss.free).i work for a freight company.your nearest terminal is in Brownstown,MI.

10. big83chevy4x4

you will see my truck if you go threw town, 2 roads east of 66, straight behind bowling alley. its always parked out front. stop by anytime, im usually always home.

the machine shop is down the road at the corner, precision machine is the place, i don't have a phone book here or id give you their number. the other place i was only told about, i don't know their name but i do know where they are located. they are on fairplains in greenville in a brown building before the RR tracks (going west)

i think valley truck parts in GR does driveshafts for like 250, but retubing is cheap.

11. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you will see my truck if you go threw town, 2 roads east of 66, straight behind bowling alley. its always parked out front. stop by anytime, im usually always home.

the machine shop is down the road at the corner, precision machine is the place, i don't have a phone book here or id give you their number. the other place i was only told about, i don't know their name but i do know where they are located. they are on fairplains in greenville in a brown building before the RR tracks (going west)

i think valley truck parts in GR does driveshafts for like 250, but retubing is cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]sounds good!next time i'm up that way,i'll stop in.465 swap to take place in Traverse City on the 18th.should be able to get it done in one weekend,right?

12. big83chevy4x4

on paper, yes 1 weekend. but there are always unforseen problems that you run into and can't get to the parts store on weekends.