Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465 Chelsea PTO

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K1Orion, Mar 1, 2004.

1. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a schematic of a chelsea PTO for a 465. My buddy has a K30 C&C with a dump bed and when he put a clutch in it this weekend for some reason he pulled the PTO out of the trans and took it apart to "see what was in there". Now we're not sure how it goes back together. I'm lookin for any kind of exploded view or schematic of what it should look like and how the linkage gets hooked up.

The tag on it reads:

The Dana Co. Chelsea Michigan
    model# 41 DMHW C4 G
    assy# B 80

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TIA /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

How far is it apart, does he have a tweaker pile going on?
    Or does he just have it off and the shift cover removed?
    I believe I have some service manuals on them at work.
    If he completly took it apart then he will need a full seal kit. Don't use silicone on the bearing covers, they have gasgets that shim them to set the bearing preload. Which is about .003" end play.
    Hopefuly he did not discard the PTO mounting gasgets. If he still has them you need to measure them and see how thick they are. That will give you an idea on where to start for setting the backlash. The 6 hole PTO gasgets come in .010 and .020".
    If he tossed em then start with .020" gasget and see if the PTO will mount flush to the gearbox, if it does not mount flush do not tighten it down, the case will get into a bind and crack.
    If it does then tightren all 6 bolts and check the backlash between the tranny gear and the pto driven gear with a dail indicator (or if you have calibrated fingers it jiggles just a little bit). You want between .008 and .012" backlash.
    To tight and it will howl, to loose and it will clatter.
    At least that one is a lil one.

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Powermad is right on....and he's right when he says thats a lil baby PTO...compared to the big heavy units we see on over the road trucks.

DW

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

1-800-571-5791 Transwest Freightliner

Our back parts counter man is a walking book of PTO info...he starts at 8am...M-F. Ask for Don in parts.

DW