Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465 clutch linkage fix

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LlanoK5, Aug 24, 2002.

1. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

As some of you may remember I was wondering a while back about how to fix my clutch linkage that kept slipping off any time that my engine torqued any amount. The pivot rod that goes from the frame to the bell housing kept slipping off the bellhousing. Well, I finally got where I had had enough of it. So, I welded a 3/4" extension on the bell housing end. Since then I haven't had a problem with it, even when I tested it and tried to get it slip off.

Just wanted to give some small thing back to this board. Happy wheelin all.

Kirk

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

been there done that /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif got pissed and bought some long aded rod, drilled out the foot it sits on, and now it is bolted to it. no mo problems.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i think i am going to go to a race style hyd clutch. just a self standing clutch pedal with its own resivior.
    grant

4. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

I hadn't thought about going that direction with it, but I was looking for a cheap and quick fix. And seeing as how my dad has all the important tools and scrap it just seemed like it fit the bill.

5. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ya, the threaded rod and drillin a hole works killer, i dont like to weld stuff that will need to be eventually taken apart..

6. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

I didn't weld it in place, I just welded a 3/4 extension on it since it seemed to barely be holding on on level ground.

It was a little harder to put back on, but I figured that if it was harder to put on it would be harder to come off when I'm wheeling. Which I just back from putting it through some more testing, and it seems to working great.

Kirk