Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465 conversion?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by atomicdog, Dec 3, 2006.

1. atomicdog

atomicdog Registered Member

Hey guys, before i get rid of these two wheel drive 465s, one question can they be converted to fourwheel drive by replacing shafts or something or is it just not worth the effort?I am going to keep the bell housing and pedals and hydro stuff off of the old truck,it looks like its in good shape.dont tell me its different also! Anyone need a 465 for a two wheeler?goin cheep.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well , you could always use it with a divorced transfercase . I would imagine the shaft could be changed though . I should go look at the one in the backyard .

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Where in texas are you located? I might take one off your hands if your close enough.

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep, you can easily change them to 4x4 by modifying the rear half of the mainshaft out with a 4x4 version, either 10 spline or 32 spline.

The gears, countershaft, bearings, and front half of the mainshaft are all the same. Keep in mind that you need to keep the gearsets together, and all the washers in their correct orders, as they are different thicknesses, and those thicknesses changed at some point throughout the production run.

5. atomicdog

I live in Burkburnett,on the red river between OK and TX. I havent taken the other one out yet but the one i have looks real good inside.check back with me later. Russ says i can convert them so im looking into that also.shouldnt need them both.

6. '79shortbox

'79shortbox Registered Member

Try Novak Conversions for info and parts for your 465. Their quite knowledgable.

7. atomicdog

thanks guys,do projects ever end? I hope not, building them and hunting for parts is half the fun.

8. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I agree! Just don't like paying for them, LOL