Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465 help please...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by walla2k5, Apr 4, 2005.

1. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

I need some help with my tranny swap.I've never worked on a 4sp. before and after I bolted everything up including the transfer case ,what a pain,the shift fork is real sloppy.It moves all around( but doesn't pull off the throw-out bearing,I think ). 1) Is this normal???

2)Also need a place to hook the return spring.

3)Isn't there a little spring that hooks to the shift fork and the clutch rod???I don't seem to have it.

I've done a search but haven't found anything yet,this is really holding me up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,maybe a pic of where these springs go....

Thanks in advance,you guy's have been a BIG help with my project so far!!! :thumb:

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i always just retain the real long spring from frame rail to fork arm

usually there was a small spring on the linkage yeah but rarely is intact after all these years and i run without the spring just fine on my rigs,

fork sloppiness is common, theyre all like that, anything with any real miles on it,

normal, no worries,

unless it jams or hangs up or something ? then may be time for new fork or something,

good luck

3. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Thank you my friend....I can sleep better knowing all is well. :thumb: :usaflag: