Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465 hydro clutch pedal question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Impex, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

got everything for my conversion, but on the clutch pedal i got just the hydro pedal (the little return spring, bushings and the support arms things), not the whole assembly. I tried installing the pedal in my old assembly where the old clutch pedal went but i can't get it to fit with the support arm things.(it fits but the support arms won't line up straight) So my question is do i need the whole hydro assembly housing, or can i mount the newer pedal into the old assembly with out the support arms? i hope this made sense /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The thing is that the "support arms" (I assume you are talking about the ones that go to the fire wall, right?) are used to mount the slave cylinder...You drill holes in the firewall and the studs at the end of the support arm stick thru and the SC mounts to those...that way everyting is tied together and solid...

Can you cut the pedal bracket at all to allow it to accept the new pedal with the struts?

Just a thought

Chris

3. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

chris, ya im going to see if i can't just cut some of the old bracket out enough for the support arm to fit corrrectly. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if there is a way to modify the pedal support bracket to accept a hydro clutch pedal assy. Like was mentioned, there are additional features (threaded support arms) that need to be accounted for. I swapped the entire brake/clutch pedal assy because I had one, and I think it would be easier for you to do the same. Some things just aren't worth "modifying" unless you know you can get the right result, IMHO. Good luck anyway!

5. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

the two pedal assemblies are different...I'm sure you know this. On the real hydro assembly there is one bolt for each pedal.

6. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

im going to see if i can some how "modify" it i doubt it though /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif , anyone have a hydro clutch pedal assembly they wanna sell me /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif