Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

465 Swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Skroo, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I just spent the last 2 nights(5:30 to 2:30) swaping in a 465 under my Blazer. We got everything bolted up and started her up. I tried to move it and the clutch wouldn't disengage. The linkage(mechanical) is adjusted all the way out but it still isn't far enough.
    It is a 465/208 combo with mechanical linkage. I used what I was told is a 1982 pick-up for the pedals and linkages and flywheel. Could there be some differance between the trans and the linkages?

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

um...what kinda clutch did you use? Did you install the clutch disc correctly? maybe the wron pivot ball or shift fork?

Chris

3. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I used a new clutch from orielly and it's installed right. I'm gonna pull it back tomorrow and put the fork from the parts truck on.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I know that when Krazie87K5 swapper to a 465, he had some problems with differnt styles of shift forks...Hope it work out for you...

Chris

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

81 was last year for 73-on style of crossmember and some other thingd, donor truck of 72-81 or 82-up needs ot be found depending on year of truck youre converting

6. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i ran into the simailar problem when i bought a new brute force clutch. it seemed that the friction disc was larger than the bolt pattern would allow, after giving it a bit of gas while lightly pressing the break it broke loose. i also have had problems with the aftermarket shift forks, they seem to be the wrong shape and do not seat on the pivot ball correctly. just my $.02

7. BTCRAWFORD

BTCRAWFORD Registered Member

Make sure you have the right length throw-out bearing also
    as well as the length of fork!

8. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

There is a "length" difference (relative to how fork pushes on the clutch) between a hydraulic clutch fork and manual clutch.

See my sig. I had the description wrong when I first posted these pics, now the description is right.

Good luck.

9. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I won't get to change it out until Sunday so I'll let ya'll know. Thanks!