Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

48 HOURS TO MOAB !!!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Greg72, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Not trying to create a panic, but that's how many days you have left to get ready for Moab. (Assuming that you are leaving on Wed 7/21 to arrive by Friday)

I've been ordering parts and planning my upgrades so that I should be ready to go when the big day gets here. I also am hoping to make a "shakedown run" either to Pismo, or Hollister to verify that the truck is solid before it starts it's 1000 mile trek! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: !! 28 DAYS TO MOAB !!!

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Hope to see you in our caravan???

3. Greg72

Oh yeah............ /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Buzz ...Pop.....Kerplewwie..Pffffzt....Bing!

OK I'm alright now. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

www.ROTFLMAO.COM

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy [censored]!!!! gotta hurry!!

J

5. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

O crap!!! Thanks for the warning, I'm, gonna be cutting this one close. I really hope to be mobil by then, there's no way I'm have the 8 lug axles on. 4 inches of lift and 32's. haha looks a little funny but o'well

later
    mike

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

are you sure it wont be another roll over run /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Greg72

Re: !! 27 DAYS TO MOAB !!!

ooooh that hurts!

Especially from a guy with a 2WD truck! BUWAHAAAAAAA!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Greg72

Re: Oooops !! 33 DAYS TO MOAB !!!

What a relief... I have the "countdown" written on each day of my calendar. I was looking at the wrong week when I first posted this thread.....so we're actually at 33 days left today (7/19)

Having those extra 7 days helps.....but it's still gonna go QUICK!

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hella quick!
    I am starting to write things down as I think of the "What do I have to do?" list!
    Man! Every day and night my brain is all about MOAB /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Moab this and Moab that and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
    I'm looseing it here!!!!!
    Eeee AAHHHHH OOOOOOO PPPppppZZZZZZZIIIIIiiiiinnnnnnnnggggg POW! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Looks like I am removing my back seat! Too much STUFF to bring!! I have everything in my garage on my list of "Things to Bring!!"
    Baaalllywink! POW! Bnag! FFFEEEERRRRRRRRRRRZZZZoooowwweeeee!!!!
    OK more Coffee.................... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

11. Greg72

Burt,

Yep definitely write a checklist and post it in the garage..... you'll go nuts trying to remember stuff when you are so excited about the trip.

Without a list, I think the only things I'd think to bring would be tequila, CDs, and gas money!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahah No doubt!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif LOL
    So have you figured out how/when your gonna hook up with the caravan? We can meet you anywere along the way? Heck you can even come to my house the night before or that moring? Sup to you. If you wanted you could even meet us in Vegas? Do you have anyone to travel out of the Gay Area with yet?

13. Greg72

I haven't figured out the "hookup point" yet. Tuesday night (8/20) is when my vacation starts, so I am ready to leave EARLY Wednesday morning, or like you said, drive somewhere and meet up with the group the night before and catch a few ZZZZ's. I gotta believe there's got to be at least one or two other (ahem, BAY area) CK5'ers besides me....but if not, I'll swing over to your area to save time.

I really don't want to wait till Vegas to hook up with the caravan. Half the experience will be driving in a big pack of other K5s with our "MOAB OR BUST" stickers on, and sound of a few dozen sets of Swampers howling down the road!!!!

I am planning to have a CB installed before the trip too....so I can hear all the "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA's" as they happen!

14. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool! Yup I too would like to have you with us before Vegas!
    You are more than welcome to head over to my place the night before and crash out!
    Would cut 1 1/2 hr off your day?
    whatever works best for you is cool with me!
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

FYI for all you first time Moabers. Utah only has 3.2 beer so if you want real beer you had better bring it with you.

16. jekbrown

gah, real men drink liquor anyway!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

17. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool! I had allready planed on bringing a few cases with me. My Ole Buddy Lou that is riding Shotgun has a 100+ quart cooler that is double insolated just for brews! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

18. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I'm too old for straight liquor /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
    Old not by age but my youth life style has slowed me way down!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Hell I can't even remember the 80s /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

19. jekbrown

so whats every1 doing to their rig today? I picked up my 39.5s and half of the smitty cage kit... and started trimming my fenders waaay back so them big ol meats will fit! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

20. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

dang i wanna go soooo freekin bad...but freeekin school starts the week before..and i actlly have hard classes this semester unlike last semester when i could not show up for a week and wouldent make a difference...damn i had school! hey steve fox...next year move it to the first 2 weeks in aug. then its game on for me...summer school ends on the 1st and reg school starts aug 17th...so anything inbetween that would work out great...haha /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif