Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4in Lift Brake Lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by msb350, Sep 29, 2005.

1. msb350

msb350 Registered Member

Alright I finally compleated my lift and now need to get some new front brake lines. I did a search for brake lines and saw you could get extensions, or get brake lines off IFS trucks, or by stainless ones at offroad shops. What do you think would be the best application for a 4in lift with ford towers and swaybar disconnects? Thanks guys.
    Matt

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Stainless extended lines for a 6" lift because of the flex of a swaybar disconnect. You can find 'em for about 70 a set. Also O'reilleys has extended rubber ones for about 17.00 each.

3. msb350

msb350 Registered Member

What Company did you buy yours from? Anyone else?? Thanks.

4. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i had procomp stainless lines, then i broke one cuz of a car accident. but anyways, i took it down to a place down here and had them make a stailess line the same size and IMO i think it was way better made then the procomps, it had a nylon coating and support boots around where the line goes to the coupling thing. this was at All Tubes and Hoses. in phx, az. but i heard there closing at the end of the month and the brake lines ran about 40$ a line.

5. msb350

msb350 Registered Member

So it would probably be best just to look for a good local shop around town to make some lines up for me. Any clue to what length I should be looking at for the front?