Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4in shackle flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1986chevy_rider, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 1986chevy_rider

1986chevy_rider Registered Member

Ok so for X-Mas Im getting a shackle flip for the rear and a 1 inch zero rate for the front. My rig is a 79 1/2 ton chevy P/U with 37 in tires, 4inch lift springs and two inch blocks for the rear and 6 in lift srpings in the front. If I put the 4 in shackle flips in the rear that will be a total of 8 inches of lift and I was wondering if that will be two much for COG. Thanks for the help and of course the 1 in zero rates for the front. What you all think

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I run 8" of lift and don't have any problems with stability. you could look into the 2.5" flip with longer shackles. that will flex and ride well, and still give you the lift you are looking for.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i ran 83 long bed 1/2 ton with dana 60/corp 14ff axles and 6" frt springs and 4" flip in back with 1" block to level it out. had 3" body lift also. all was on 38x12.50x16.5 tires. lots of fender and no real tipy fealings. just give your self a day to get use to the flip kit. rides like a 100% diffrent truck and much better ride.

4. 1986chevy_rider

1986chevy_rider Registered Member

thanks can anybody place any photos that a non payer can see on the post so that I can see what it looks like thanks for the help anybody else have any opinions