Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4inch lift front spring measurement--on truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ColAdo82K5, Aug 5, 2002.

1. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I pulled a supposed 4 inch lift off a truck. I put the front springs on and they look a little taller than 4 inchs. It may be a hassle but could someone measure their arc in their springs while on the vehicle. (small block engine weight) Like you connected the eye bolts with a string and the distance between the string and the u bolt mounting plate, perpindicular to the ground. (the lowest part of the plate for instance.) I guess this would be similar to measuring wheel backspacing.
    Any measurments welcome !
    THanks,
    Blake

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

OK, I used an actual string line from spring eye bolt to spring eye bolt. From the bolt center there was 2" between the string line and the underside of the U-bolt plate (which would be the top of the main leaf) So loaded arch for my Rancho 4" lift springs is 2". That's with a small block too, one battery, no winch, and a slightly heavier than stock front bumper (maybe 20 lbs heavier)

Rene

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

YOU DA MAN, tRusty !! Thanks a ton for that measurement. It will help me fiqure out how to level the rear side out ! I have the saggy butt on mine.
    I have no idea the brand of these springs so other ideas/measurements are welcome !

Long Live Steve Fox !

Blake

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No problem. My wife doesn't even look at me funny when I head outside with the tape anymore.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

For reference my fronts are 4" Rancho's about 7 years or more old. They are over 500 lbs/inch spring rate so I doubt they have sagged any.

Rene