Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4L60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FUUGLY, Jul 16, 2002.

1. FUUGLY

FUUGLY Registered Member

Recently I got a 4L60. I want to mate it to an old style 205 tcase(27spline). What goes in between? I have a 465 to 205 piece but the tranny side is way wrong. What a bout a reluctor ring? Whats that. I'm mating everything to an 74 350 in my buggy. Any tech help? I got the flexplate, tranny and t case complete from the donor. Thanks

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The reluctor ring is inside the trany and drives the VSS output. I haven't worked with the 4L60Es (only 4L80Es) but if thats what it is you'll need a computer to energize the electronic solenoids which control the shifts and the lockup (TCC). The non electronic 4L60s (700R4s) could be controlled with a couple of switches (lots of different configurations possible) for the TCC and of course the TV cable from the throttle for the shifts. You could get the computer from the donor vehicle and the FI stuff and put it on your truck. Its not too hard. Mating the NP205 to the 4L60 has been done by a lot of people (not me) with I think the NP205/TH350 adapter.