Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4L60E mods?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Jan 11, 2007.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

looking at possibilities of mods for my 4L60E, i'd like to get just a little firmer shift out of it. nothing really wrong with it now, just not liking the way it shifts. i'm going to do some TBI mods to it, as well as the SAS swap with 4.56s and 35s, so a little more beef is in order to keep this thing alive a while longer.

what are you guys doing for mods? i have no problems with burning my own chips and what not. dont have the equipment to do it, but will have in the future.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anybody? :dunno:

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I had mine done at a shop, for the same price as everyone elses stock rebuilds. Just the usual stuff like JET or some other performance tranny would have. Corvette servo, extra clutches, valve body mods, kevlar bands etc etc. I had it done in 01, and it's still going strong.

It's in my DD K1500 w/ 4" and 33's.

4. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Simple mods include a shift improver module (B&M $40.00) which is an easy plug in deal. If you want to get a little deeper then you can go for a billet servo for second and fourth. While you have the pan off switch over to type F fluid, that will frim up all the shifts.