Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4L80 intermitent weirdness

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Dec 3, 2003.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Subject: 1998 3/4 ton Suburban with 4L80
    Problem: While coasting down hill either in 3rd or over drive sometimes the tranny will feel like it goes into neutral, in fact the RPM's will indicate this by droping to idel RPM. Soon as I step on the gas it engauges fine, all gears work perfect.
    I had a tranny guy take it for a run with a scanner hooked up and it did do it but the read out was everything was fine and gave no errors. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Maybe the TC solenoid? I dunno, weird that no error codes put out, every indication that it was running correct when it wasn't, any ideas?

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Pump getting weak?

John

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

my 99 s10 blazer did that to. It was a solenoids by the valve body were dirty and sticking, Or so they told me.
    dealer flushed it and all has been fine since. Different tranny but should be the same concept I would think

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, that's what my tranny guy thought also, just weird the computer didn't pick up on it.

5. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

My computer did not either, when I happened I was glad it was in warranty, I figured that the tranny was going out.