Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4L80E Controller location, 91 GMC Burb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stkcode, May 24, 2006.

1. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

Where is the controller located? I found a 91 burb with a 454 BB and 4L80E. They want too much for the motor and tranny in my opinion (tranny is obviously shot...no reverse according to the guy)...both are already out of the burb...$1,300 seemed steep (no tbi/4l80e controller included...most of the wiring was cut :( ).

When I asked them about the 4l80e controller...he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I was looking at going back to the burb and snagging the controller if it's their....but I'm not sure where it's located.

Hopefully, I can snag a deal on the controller....:wink1:

Thanks,
    Jon

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The computer is in the pass side of the dash - remove the glove box and you'll see a silver box (approx 9"x9"x2") hanging above where the glove box was.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

yep its the computer for sure. if you are going to run it on a non fuel injected motor the desiel is the one to grab not the gas . but if running tbi just get a swap over standalone harness and bam done after the tranny swap.

4. stkcode

Thanks for the responces....I went back and someone already beat me to it. Oh well....I plan on convertering the motor to fuel injection. I was just trying to snag the controller for when my 700r4 dies.

Have a good one!

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

IUf you were going to try it on a 4l60e it wont work. The computers in my 2 91's are different parts numbers (both tbi 350 w/ OD).

6. stkcode

Good to know....I don't plan on using it on a 4l60/5e. I have a modified 700r4 behind my bb. When it bites the dust, I planned on replaced it with a 4l80e.