Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4l80E full manual shift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyrc, Mar 28, 2003.

1. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

Hey guys. I'm getting very close to a tranny and t-case swap. I'll probably end up with a 400/205, but I've been thinking about running a full manual shift 4l80E, minus the E. I've seen a few of these built to be shifted manually, which eliminates all of the electronics. (as far as I know) What do you guys think. I've never actually seen one in action so all responses are welcome.

This would make the swap much cheaper and simpler as the aftermarket controllers are mucho $$$. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well I have seen them advertised on the net - but I think they would be more money than buying a good used 4L80E and looking for a used factory controller or used aftermarket controller. If you shop around you can find good used 4L80Es for 600-800, used factory or aftermarket controllers/harnesses for 200-400. The only one I know about as a remanf 4l80 NON-E is the "Quadzilla" starts at 2795 and goes up from there http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4L80E.htm .

3. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

for the love of god don't buy anything from that shop, search for raptor and you'll understand why. I've been through 2 and my budy has been through 5.