Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4L80E/NP205 Web links

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEK5, Jan 7, 2007.

1. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any info on the early diesel 4L80E controllers like what years to look for.Any info would be great,maybe some web links that I could look into.

I picked up a good 4L80 core about 2 years ago from my favorite old fashion junkyard(no computers/old timer) for $50. with intensions of rebuilding it.I am going to start to tear it down soon and wondered what year it was and have it narrowed down to 97-2001 based on the bellhousing having seven bolt holes for a LS1 motor.
    I got this info from the PATC website and according to them its the best of the best and they even charge extra to use that case.

I want to hook it to a LoMax and have that part worked out awhile back in the big how to hook a 4l80 to a 205 thread.
    Heres a picture of the output shaft that I am going to use and a picture of the 7bolt bell.

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00008.jpg

IMG00007.jpg

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

like a 96 or upish as it has split cooler lines locations for better cooling in the case. and it has the newer quick clip style fittings for the lines. and as for bellhousings there still the same brother. do watch out for front drive yoke clearence to the trans pan.

there is a big 4l80-e/205 thread in the garage hear.

3. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

91-93 diesel had standalone controller, as well as the non-turbo G & P30's as long as they had the manual injection pump, up to 97 or 98 maybe?