Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4L80E tran swap to 400 tran

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by grd2go, Apr 3, 2004.

1. grd2go

grd2go Registered Member

I know it will bolt right in but being the truck is a 91 cc chevy with a TBI 350 the computer is tied into the tranny do you have to do anything special to the computer to make it work. I know about the switch for the down shift on the 400 tran got that handled.. /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

why would you want to go from a 4l80e to a th400? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    you could get a computer from a 90, or some thing that has a 700r4
    im not 100% sure but i think the computer changes some setting on the motor after it is in gear, so just running it any way might do something.

not exactly sure on this one, most people go the other way /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. grd2go

grd2go Registered Member

If I could figure out how to post pics I would show you what im up too it is a offroad recovery buggy with gear reduction axles on 53in goodyear military tires it has 2 205 t-cases one mated one divorced and I need the shorter 400 by only 3in to make everything wk The whats not gonna wk or this gets in the way of that could drive sombody to drink /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

Project from hell but what the hell you only live once.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

since you are a member here you can host pics on ck5. on the main page click on members rides and you might have to log in and then upload pics. when you get that done, right click on the pic, click properties and copy the url. when you go to post click on "image" to the right on the smilies and paste the url in the window that pops up /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif