Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4spd question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lax037, Oct 11, 2001.

1. lax037

lax037 Registered Member

I want to take a standard from a 77 K20 and put it in my 89 K5, my question:
    Is the flywheel going to be a direct bolt up, or do I need to get on for my year truck? any input is appreciated

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You'll need a flywheel from a 87 and up sbc with the one piece rear main seal. It mounts quite differently than the older style on yer 77

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. lax037

lax037 Registered Member

thanks, what i thought, but wasn't sure

4. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

you would also be way ahead of the game to use a bellhousing and hydraulic clutch set up from 85+
    otherwise you have to cut a hieous hole in your floorboard to use the mech linkage
    hit the wreckers and get the entire pedal assembly and clutch master from them i think the pedal assembly is usually junk to them so barter as best you can. easiest to find a cab with the interior stripped out and pull the bracket that bolts under the column with the pedal pivots and everything as it will bolt in as a unit. your firewall will have indents where you need to drill for the clutch master and mounting studs

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/014/j9/fv/QP/LZ21732.jpg