Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WD Indicator Light

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Nov 21, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I just had my 208 t-case resealed and re-installed in the K5. Now, when I drive the truck, the 4WD Light comes on, even though the truck is NOT in 4WD (I got out immediately when I saw it and checked). If I yank the shifter back into 4Hi then push it back into 2Hi, the light will go out for a second, then it comes back on. Weird thing is that the light sort of starts out very weakly lit, almost like a glow, then it gets brighter as I drive...

I checked the plug on top of the t-case, unplugged it and plugged it back in, no change. The only thing I can think of is that the "switch" is bad? You see, I had to swap the front half of the t-case out for another during this process (couple bolt holes were stripped out and previous owner really jacked them up), so the switch is not the same one as before. Truck never did this before.

Any ideas guys? Should I just replace the switch?

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ya, sounds like bad switch to me.

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

mine did this same thing, check hte wire that goes from the top of the t case up into the floor. mine was grounding out and making the light come on.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif