Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wd indicator light

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DieselBurb, Dec 19, 2003.

1. DieselBurb

DieselBurb 1/2 ton status

Mine is on all the time. Where is the switch for this so I can adjust it?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Indicator light switch on the 208/241's is on the case as I understand it. Wires for the actual light on the shifter assembly run under the carpet, the wires for the switch I assume run under the truck.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

dont worry about it mine never comes on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I just realized recently there is one when I put Confednecks truck in 4WD Im gonna try to hook mine up

4. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

i just fixed mine. i unbolted the sensor from my 208. it looks like it works when the shifter inside the t case passes over it, the ball in the sensor completes the circut. i put new wires to it and a new light from radio shack. make sure when wiring it that you make the wires to and from the switch - the bulb shoud be connected to + on the other side. hope that helps. if anything is wrong with yours it should be in the wiring the switch seems prety durable and could probally be fixed easily. check the contacts between the wires and switch, they are exposed righ above the tcase and dirc ould easily block the connection.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yes on case and wires are on floor wrapped in black tape in my 83 it has no carpet or anything at all just is bare painted floor, originally was black rubber mat cuz is just custom deluxe base model doesnt even have dome lamp hole in cab celing or door frame dome lamp switches or anything, its all original 208 465 setup and indicator light is yellow orange combo and works great says "4 wheel drive" it is cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. PWagon

PWagon 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My 4wd indicator light has only worked once since I've owned the truck. I guess I'll need to check the positive side on the bulb and the negative side on the switch.

7. jeff in co

jeff in co 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I went to the junkyard, picked up another switch from T-case, and it works good as new. $2 fix.

8. campfire

campfire Adventure is out there! Premium Member

Quite an old thread to be resurrecting. And it looks like only one of the original 5 posters is still with us! :rolleyes:

9. PWagon

PWagon 1/2 ton status Premium Member

True... The members may leave, but the problems and solutions don't. I was hoping current users would have meaning suggestions on how to fix my problem.

I was able to resolve my issue though. Long story short, I had to take my instrument panel and floor mounted 4wd lever out of the truck to trace out every wire (this is where a wiring diagram from you guys would have come in handy). Once I figured out what each wire did, I was able to determine that my fuse block was not getting power to my 4wd light indicator. I corrected that issue, but now I'm not getting a ground (-) return from my transfer case mounted switch (white wire). I can bypass the switch (paperclip to the two connectors), and my 4wd indicator lamp will now light up. So, my problem is now with the switch.