Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WD light wiring?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jberg62, Mar 25, 2003.

1. jberg62

jberg62 1/2 ton status

I'm sure it's easy enough to do except I'd rather hear from you guys before I go frying anything electrical.
    Here's the deal:
    I've got an nP208 transfer Case and I'd like to wire up a light that switches on when the blazer is engaged in 4 wheel drive.
    I see a place near the top of the Case where a 2 prong hard-end connecter could go.
    The 4WD light in my rig has never worked and I'd like to get it working if possible.
    Where would the two wires coming from the transfercase go?
    Thanks for your help!

2. ed1507

ed1507 Registered Member

what yr blazer and where is the light at? ed. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. jwingfield2k

jwingfield2k Registered Member

well obviously the wires from the transfercase would go to the light. just follow the wires.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My guess is that one wire into that switch is constant 12V, and the other feeds the lamp when it's in 4wd. Check MJ's wiring diagrams (do a search for them onm this board) to see how GM did it.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

There is actually a harness for this function. The light in the dash is controlled by a relay that gets its power from an accessory plug in on the fuse panel. The relay gets switched by the switch in the transfer case. I just pulled mine out and trashed it to help eliminate useless wireing under the dash. It is a stand alone harness. Maybe the power plug came out of the fuse panel or something.