Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WD Light?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jan 21, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

hey just curious, on my 82 K5 the four wheel drive light doesnt ever work, but when i go out 4wheelin and bouncing around the light seems to flicker on and off sometimes...does anybody know y it does that?

2. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

first thing I'd do is change the bulb

it might be loose, or more likely the filament is broke, but when you bounce around it is momentarily making connection and lighting up

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Could be the bulb, or the socket ... could be the switch on the t-case (shifter? where IS it?) has come loose. That's your basic electrical gremlin; somewhere there's a loose or corroded connection.

I like my '74 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif . No electric much of anything. <big grin>

-- A

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

There is a printed circut board on the back, make sure you bulb holder is on the contact points. If you put it in and turn it too far or not enough it can do that.
    I know my board has a crack and in the winter the light above the MPH gauge doesn't come on till the truck warms up and contact points expand and make contact again /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    I have some pics of the gauges if you want to check them out without pulling your send me a PM

my dash at night after I painted the back of the reflector white (instead of the light blue), now my guages are orange because the reflector reflects the full color spectrum including reds /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif oops

5. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

My 4wd light is not part of the PCB, it is on it's own wiring and just plugs into the back of the cluster.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif