Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wd problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nomind, Nov 24, 2005.

1. nomind

nomind Newbie

Hi, I just found this sight. I am wondering if anybody can help with my 4wd. Here is the story. 93 s15 jimmy push button 4wd. When I push the button, nothing happens, no blinking lights, nothing. If i am in revearse, the lights will blink, but it doesn't go into 4wd. I replaced the switch at the transfer case. Nothing changed. Found a hole in the vacuum tube by the actuator under the battery. Replaced it and the 4wd worked great. It would go in and out like it is supposed to. A few hours later, I got in the truck again and it is doing the same thing as before. Anybody have any other ideas besides a lot of gasoline and a match??????????

2. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i say screw the electronic and vaccum bull sh*t and try and sceme up a way of a manuel system, i believe i have sceen this setup before on the S dime trucks that were at the junk yard.
    just my 2 cents

LUKE

3. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I think they are called Posi-Lock. Its a cable actuator to lock the front diff. Do a search on the net. I think they cost around $100 and are pretty easy to put in.