Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wd to 2wd steering box shaft swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by moneypit, Feb 24, 2001.

1. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Has anyone swapped a 4wd to a 2wd shaft in a steering box?? How hard is it?I have a new 4wd box that I want to reuse do to the fittings etc. The 2wd box has different fittings and also has a few leaks. I am doing crossover steering this week so any and all info is much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I believe Dep dog did this swap and said it was easy, Toby, are you going with a droped or straight drag link?

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Scott is making me a drop drag link to match the rockrods he makes. Once installed we will ramp it in his backyard to make sure it don't hit the springs. If it does then we will make a straight and modify the cross member. Hopefully the first method works. Did Depdog do a review on the swap??

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, Deps review is in the tech section under cross-over steering for a 44. Let me know how it goes.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers