Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4Wheel Jamboree in Canfield, OH

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Emmettology 101, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hello all,

I paricipate din the 4Wheel Jamboree in Canfield Ohio this weekend and was a little disappointed when I didn't see any fellow CK5er's. I had my stickers on and I didn't get to walk around on Saturday, but I did on Sunday.

I also particapated in the Rock Fest. I did it mostly to do the free play, but I decided to compete also, but didn't do the best since I dont have lockers. However, my brother finally got his K5 finished and he also competed and qualified for the finals, but on the first run he broke quite a few parts and didn't make it back for the finals.

Man, I like the rocks a lot better than mud! I cant wait until I can get some lockers and then I will give them hell.

Actually the funny thing is that on Sunday I ran the hard line during free play and I did better than when I competed in the actual Rock Fest. Damn, I wish I would have done that well on the first day and maybe I would have qualified.

So where was the Ohio area CK5er's at? And if you came and didn't bring your K5, did you see our clubs cool set up on SUnday? It started out as my one friend with a CJ5 climbing up n a 15" log, then I climbed up onthe log and then onto his 35" Swamper(I was impressed, i didn't lift a tire, but we were both aired down a little) and then once I was up on his tire and we secured everything, another club member climbed up on my rear tire with his K5 and finally another club member with a CJ5 climbed up on the first CJ5's passenger side tire. So all in all we had a 4 vehicle articulation mound!
    Whennn my friends get their pics developed I will try and get them scanned and up on the board!

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

2. Hay dude,sorry I did'nt make it.I had to work saturday,I'm also trying to get my blazer ready for attica.The locall 4x4 club is going there on the 12th of aug.Its about a 4 half hour drive from here and i dont trailor it,so it has to be running pretty good to get me there and back.
    I'm a little nervouse about going though,I'm the only full size and Jeep people can be Sh$ty when you get the big trucks stuck.Never been out with this club either.Sorry to keep rambling,sounds like it was great man wished I would have went!

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

3. Udy

Udy Registered Member

I was there! I did'nt see any Colorado K5 stickers. I don't have one either though. I was with the winner of the "tug a truck" competition and 2nd place finisher of the smoke show. I had my '91 blue and white K5 with a Skyler top. We were parked across from the humungus Dodge/Ford Duallies Saturday and Down a litte more Sunday. That sucks, I remember you said you were going. I looked and did'nt see it. maybe next year.

4. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

My wife put the brakes on my plans at the last minute, she was sick and didn't want to be left alone. AARRGGHHH Soon as I find another one to goto I'm there.

If you say you haven't been stuck you're lying or was it you'll go blind, hmm

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Our club was parked right outside of the main entrance to the grandstands. On staurday we were over at the Rock Fest most of the day and on Sunday we were at the same place and went over to the rock fest around 3pm.
    I had my Jommy there withthe CK5 stickers on the sidewindows. It is green with a black top. On Sunday our club had a mound of articulation. I climbed up on my friends Jeep tire while he was up on a log, then another K5 climbed up on my drivers side rear tire and finally another Jeep climbed up on the first Jeeps passenger side front tire.
    I also competed in the Rock Fest on Saturday and played around on it on Sunday.

I am part of the IN TOO DEEP club.

You can see ppics at my site below.

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I was there, but only from 2 to 6 on saturday. My buddy and I brought my 5 yr. old daughter and his 5 yr. old boy...WHEW! I saw Udy's truck and camp but the kids were actin' up a bit so I didn't stop to say hi. Never did get to see Emmett parked out there. Was anybody watching when that bronco 2 was getting drug out of the rocks on sat. afternoon? You guys ALL have a standing invitation to come out to run Webb Road whenever we can get the time. Webb Road is only 1 exit North of the Canfield rte. 224 exit