Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wheel parts is giving me the run around....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 01maroonz71, Jan 19, 2007.

1. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

well, in dec. of 2005 i ordered about 900dollars worth of motometal wheels for a truck that i had been working on..when i ordered them, the guy on the phone sold me this package for 15.95(i think) where during the next year every dollar i spent would have a percentage credited back to me at the end of the year...well, i spent well over 4k at 4wheelparts last year, and now im wondering what i get back...but i've called 3times this week and everyone says the program was discontinued...Bull*hit it was...i want my gift card that i was told i would recieve.

everytime i call i get transfered to somebody new, first to cust. service, then to the marketing dept. and now the guys says to email cust service...so i just did.

they better make this right or they will loose alot of business b/c i just started a shop and i know alot of people around here who will gladly order from elsewhere when i tell them of this.

anybody else have this crap happen or know what program im refering to?????

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  2. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

4wheelparts have a reputation for doing this exact sort of thing. If you paid by credit card you have some protection. If they don't give you an answer, dispute every charge you made. If they fail to keep there obligation they have committed credit card fraud. That is a federal offense. File a complaint with the FTC, Florida State Attorney General's Office and if a company 4Wheelparts is local to you, go in and tell the manager what is going on. If he doesn't intervene, let him know that as a corporate store in the State of Florida, you will file charges against him in a court of law and sue the company for every dime your entitled to.

I'm sorry, but I've got two disputes going...one with truckaddons.com and one with offroadunlimited for crap similar, and I've had it with bait and switch and false advertising. Enough is enough. I'm taking a stand, I encourage you to as well.

Manny

3. bigblazer87

bigblazer87 1/2 ton status

This stuff is why I stick with National Tire & Wheel (ntwonline.com). They always treat me right and get parts out to me real quick. Plus people there actually know things about the products they're selling.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thay SUCK !!! = SEARCH . LOTS WILL POP UP FOR YA.

5. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Couldn't of said it better! I will only buy tires and rims from National Tire & Wheel. I don't care if it's a little bit more. Paul and the team know their stuff, shoot straight from the hip, don't mislead and get you your product fast, with excellent customer support!

Kudos to NT&W!

Manny

6. 01maroonz71

well, i will order from them again if i can get this credit...otherwise im done with their crap. i ordered a superlift for my zr2 from them in 2004(first time i ordered from them) and it came with the wrong hardware bags...i had the truck apart/frame cut before i realized the bolts/nuts/specialty parts were for a fullsize... i should have stopped it then. owell, if i don't get my money...im gonna flip a *hit

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

There is a member on here who took them to court and won! Report them to the BBB to start with and I am sure some guys with more experience with this sort of thing will chime in.

8. 01maroonz71

yeah, im going to call them tomm. and give them absolute hell...this is bull*hit.....

ok, im going to go outside to work on my V10 and vent a little....:)

9. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Sounds about par for them.

I got screwed by the El Cajon, CA location in '99 and never could prove the f-ers did anything.
    I wouldn't buy from them for years but have only started again in the recent past and ONLY through two guys I have connections to through some internet forums. They're regular posting members and give members of those forums help with discounts and special prices so it works out. You're not just a nameless face to these guys...you're a screen name.

10. bigblazer87

bigblazer87 1/2 ton status

Definitely. I ordered my parts online, but they took the time to call me and double-check my parts and make sure I got exactly what I wanted. They verified lengths with me on my shocks, along with my stainless brake lines. So no matter what the price is, if they have something on their site that I need, I order from them. I don't want to try out some other place to save a few bucks only to get burned. In fact, now that I think about it, a while back I sent an email to 4 Wheel Parts asking about some shocks, and I didn't get a response for nearly two weeks. Then when I did get one, it didn't even answer my question. It was like an automatic response or something, so that's when I knew I'd never deal with them. Glad I made that decision when I placed an order for tires...

11. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

We were supposed to get a free t-shirt and the gift card according to the original deal. I never got either. Piss on them. Won't be dealing with them anymore either.

12. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Don't rag on the local shop guy if you didn't get the parts there if you want him to do something. He'll just pass you on to corporate.

Here's a suggestion you might want to check out. First, make sure the store is corporate owned, I think they all are but:dunno:, 'cuz this won't work if the store is a franchise. Sue them in small claims (certainly check to make sure the limit you can sue for will cover you) Now when they ask where to serve the papers give them the local store address and not corporate HQ. They can be legally served there. The point is this will cause a delay in the papers getting to HQ, sometimes a loooong delay, by the time they get the papers there isn't enough time for them to mount a defense. If you have a little luck they miss the court date all together and you state your case with no rebutal or whomever shows up knows very little about your specific case and has no real testimony about it.

If they are screwing you around, screw them around as well.

13. cwbytruckr

cwbytruckr Registered Member

well damn, now that im readin all this about 4 wheel parts, ill be watchin for all my stuffclosely that i ordered....i go to the tacoma, wa. store and have always been treated good..i got a set of warm manual lockin hubs, they came with a few wrong parts and when i went in there, i was out the door in 5 minutes with all the right stuff...and when i got my procomp wheel and tire package, i ordered it, cam in ontime and was in and out of there in 1/2 hour mounted balanced, no problem...the only thing ive found with them that i dont like is that fact that they want to mail you a check when you return something instead of cash back....

14. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

You have the terms and conditions for this program, and something in writing to prove your signed up for it?

Otherwise, your kinda screwed. Yeah, mabey he said it, but sueing won't do anything. The burden of proof in on you. Sucks, I know. I had a run around with 4wp too with a gift card.

If you got something on em, by all means, stick it to 'em!