Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wheel parts rant !!!!. another one !!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rocko, May 21, 2004.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Bought a new set of BFG AT Ko's... 33x12.50x15..
    Bought the no bull road hazard on them...
    Nice hole in sidewall, cant repair..
    Take tire to them, over 1 week ago. I figure they are very common tires should have it done next day. Well 1 week and 1 day go by, they keep telling me my tire will be in tomorrow. I've heard this twice already.
    I call this morning, they tell me it's in, I can have it by noon. Then not but 10 minutes later 4wpw calls me back and my tire was sold.... now I'm told it will be here this upcoming Monday...
    HOLY CRAP !!!! I'm pissed. !!!!! one simple tire and all this trouble..
    And I've usually had great service there.. bet they sold the tires to their Jeep buddies... seeing that's all that's around here...
    I'm done.. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. xflatrater

xflatrater Registered Member

I feel your pain brother!! Any laws being broken?? I am sure a call to the local Better Business Bureau will speed things up, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Two words for ya, the next time you buy tires: Discount Tire. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Those guys have always done right by me! They've even replaced a BFG AT for me that just had a chunk of rubber torn from the sidewall. It still held air, but I showed the guy the chunk and asked him if it was safe to drive it like that and he put a brand new tire on for me. No questions asked. I had another one replaced that was just two weeks old and had a large puncture through the sidewall. They didn't even care that I did it on Old Tincup Pass, which is pretty much just a hel-mile-long long pile of razor sharp rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Over the years I've probably had at least 10 tires replaced under their road hazard warranty. Not once did they even hesitate about replacing the tire. They also have enough stores that if the store you're at doesn't have the tire that you need, then there are plenty of other stores in the area that they'll call to find you one. My local store has had tires delivered from other stores just to get me on the road again. They do one thing and they do it very well. There's a reason that they keep opening stores everywhere you look! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And BTW, when 4-Wheel Parts is having their buy 3-get-1-free deal, if you take in the ad to Discount Tire, they'll match it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

take yer remaining 3 tires set them on fire and throw them through the front window of there store. and if all goes well they will replace those tires in the same timely manner /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...a call to the local Better Business Bureau will speed things up, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or that blem tire that they've had lying around for a while! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif