Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wheel parts sales?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Feb 17, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Anyone know when/if the buy 3 get 1 free tire deals are coming up? I found the tires I think I'm going to get but I want to buy them on sale /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif then maybe I'll get rims too /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Trxus M/T Radial
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

RXM-09R, 34X12.50R15LT, 6ply, 19/32 tread, 34.0 height, 12.9 width, 15x8.5-10 rimsize

Anyone yay or nay on the tires?
    Maily highway/street use, water and sand, snow

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Do not go with Interco if you want a smooth riding tire. Get BFG Muds or MT/Rs or Pro Comps. Basically anything but a Swamper if you want quiet, long lasting, and smooth.

The 4WPW buy 3 get one free deals are usually a rip off anyway as they raise their prices for them.

Call them up and haggle. If they won't haggle to a price of your liking, AND give you free shipping, hang up on them and call back.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

those truxs look nice, i like

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Do not go with Interco if you want a smooth riding tire. Get BFG Muds or MT/Rs or Pro Comps. Basically anything but a Swamper if you want quiet, long lasting, and smooth.

The 4WPW buy 3 get one free deals are usually a rip off anyway as they raise their prices for them.

Call them up and haggle. If they won't haggle to a price of your liking, AND give you free shipping, hang up on them and call back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong again,, I bought the truxs for my Burb.. They balanced well and they are quit..They ride really smooth.. As for wear I don't now yet.. These tires are mostly for street use anyways and they are designed for that..

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong again,, I bought the truxs for my Burb.. They balanced well and they are quit..They ride really smooth.. As for wear I don't now yet.. These tires are mostly for street use anyways and they are designed for that..

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, one customer got a round set of Swampers. Great. Plenty of us didn't, but then again, some of us don't care either.

Interco has a horrible history of manufacturing out of round tires that are very tough to balance. Greg72 spent quite a bit to get his to go down the road nice.

You can disagree if you like, but we're talking about a company that has a pretty bad reputation in the smooth riding and quiet department.

My Swampers are really rough but I don't really care, either, this is not my DD.

I think the tires I mentioned are far better in the quality department.

Of course you're going to stick up for them though, you like yours, and that's all fine and dandy.

He asked for opinions and he got mine. It wasn't harsh, un-called for, or wrong. It was based on my experiences with Interco, and from reading the boards, I'm not the only one.

6. fbzack

fbzack Registered Member

I ran them on my truck and didnt have any problems with them. Great tires in snow .

7. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

those tires came highly recomended to me and i think i am going to run them. have heard nothing but good things about the truxus. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. tlbob

tlbob Registered Member

i am running the pro comp x terrian very smooth and quite mostly because there directional /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

He said yay or nay on these tires.. You have no personal experience on these tires.. You do on TSL’s and they are known to be out of round.. I have TSL’s also for my K5. They where out of round.. Those are true off-road tires.. The truxs where made for street use and some lite wheelin.. Therefore Interco puts a little more time into them.. There not the greatest wheelin tire.. But they where not made to be.. If somebody asked for a opinion on Thornbirds I’d shut my mouth. Since I have no personal experience with these tires.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Most large Bias ply tires ride like crap.Thats the way it goes. I don't care who they are made by. Could you imagine what a 44" Radial would cost???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I am not trying to defend Interco, alot of their quality went in the dumper when they started manufacturing their tires in Mexico, but our new 38x15.5's balanced out at 3 tires with 4oz and one with 6oz, that is alot better than our 37's were.

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

tim, wrong for the second time in one post, and im not done reading the full thread yet.

interco makes out of round tires. yes, i will agree with that. out of round boggers, tsl's and all of the other AGRESSIVE tread tires in sizes larger than 37 inch. i have yet to see but a slight few tires from them that are 37 inch or smaller that were not round as some BFG's in the truxs or thier other new low tread patterns.

Marv springer has some 38's(?) and they are very round from what i saw of them sitting there.

the 34 inch tires will balance fine and will ride quiet and smooth in the tread of the picture above.
    Grant

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well no matter what tire you choose, haggle the price and get free shipping on them. I NEVER pay shipping from FWPW, got my winch for $610 to the door.

14. jjlaughner

Here's a link and desciption

INTERCO'S answer... The NEW TrXus Mud Terrain is INTERCO'S answer to the need of those who want a smooth, super quiet ride with tough thick sidewalls with a chip and cut resistant compound. This tire has more siping than any other mud terrain on the market; which has proven to be almost magical in icy snowy conditions. These same traction features make this tire a serious rock climber.

Throughout the years Interco has been engaged in the development of tires for the off road enthusiast who needed the best possible performance under the most severe off road conditions. The Trxus Mud Terrain is Interco's answer to the needs of those who do not require the maximum off road traction but want a superb tire with good looks. The Trxus Mud Terrain is at home in general utility service. It has a tighter tread pattern, multiple siping, sidewall protection features and a surprisingly quiet highway ride.
    Each Trxus Mud Terrain tire has its individual specifications and is heavier than the original equipment tires of comparable size. Many brands of tires are made from generic specifications which means there are many "brand names" coming out of a particular factory but all the tires have a common specification basic body or casing. The only difference is the mold the tire is cured in. The tires will have different tread designs but the body of the tire is common to many others of the same size but under various names.

I kind of like them and since I can't get a Wrangler AT/S bigger then a 33 on a 15" rim I guess I might try these in the 34x12.5x15 just for shits a giggles....
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Got to love it, 34s are $40 more than the 33s but the 35s are $3 more than the 34s /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Maybe I will try a set of them on the burb in the 33x12.50 size, who knows. Actually it will probably be PJs for the burb 33x12.50 with load rating E.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4 Wheel Online isn't too bad on thier tire prices. Nebraska Tire sometimes has what you'll need at low prices. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

as far as round goes the traxus tires are round more often then a 37" MTR.

18. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the larger sizes...but I've had smaller versions of all three of those tires on my Z71...I had 265/75/16 Trxus and pro comps...and now I have 285/75/16 MT/Rs. i would not recommend the Trxus to anyone, ever. they looked good, and were great in the mud...but they wore really fast, and really uneven, and when i told 4WP about it...they said a lot of other people had been having the same problem with them. as far as quiet goes...the MT/R's are actually louder than the Trxus...but I like them a lot better. and the Trxus are terrible on wet roads. but the biggest problem with them was just that they wore out so quick. I'd get the MT/R's, but...that's just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. jjlaughner

DAMN... the first bad review about them is they wear fast /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Here's a pic from last night, of my 32x11.5x15 Wrangler AT/S's with 58K miles! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    [​IMG]
    They still have 1/8-1/4" of tread in the middles /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    But as you can see I need bigger tires /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Needs from tires... Highway speeds in water/snow and they have wear pretty good. Now I dont expect 58K miles from every set of tires, but at the very least 30-35K /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

20. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Im running the 33" TrXus MT on my 88 daily driver.
    I have had them on for about 6 months now.
    They are pretty quiet and work really well in wet conditions. They stick alot better in the rain then my BFG AT's. They're listed as a 30,000 mile tire. I have seen some jeep threads stating they got 30-40,000 out of them with rotations every 5K miles.
    I havent had a chance to run them hard but willing to bet they work pretty good.
    They are a soft compound so alignment and rotation are a must.

You can see pics of them on my Blazer below.
    So far im satisfied with them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif