Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wheel parts wholesalers Jan Ad

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DukeBoy88, Nov 19, 2005.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

In my Jan Petersens 4wheeler Mag starting on page 40, 4wheel parts has an AD stating free mounting, balancing, shipping and tire gauge with any wheel and tire combo. So I called them up and noone knew about the AD or claimed it was a mistake. they claimed the free shipping was only after purchasing the road hazzard insurance which wasn't mentioned anywhere in the AD. after the third salesmen I finally talked to a manager that Ok'd the deal and I got 4 swamper LTB 34x10.50R16 on black rockcrusher rims to my door for about $830. I still don't know if it was a misprint in the AD or they weren't aware of it. But I thought I'd share if anyone was looking for tires.

Can't wait to throw them on my M1008, even if I have to trim a bit, just in time for the first snow. :D

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

this seems to be a pretty common thing with the sales people/stores not knowing what is being advertised,,,,i think i will still continue to avoid doing any business with these people and company.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they run that deal all the time if not most of the time and always require you to buy the road hazard thing. Amazed you got away without buying it. Wouldn't buy from them if I had to. Not to be the pessimist, but wait until you get them to celebrate.

4. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Have you had a bad deal with them? I've bought smaller items from them without problems, but never tires.

5. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

6. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Oh yah, if you can run a 33 you can run those 34s. They run small, smaller than a 33 12.5 bias swamper.

7. mrhoes

mrhoes 1/2 ton status

That has happend to me before I had to show them the ad in the magazine to get that price, if you just tell them and not show them the ad they dont know anything about it they play dumb.

8. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

cus de b dum, fo sho! Where's that Jo-Bob Smilie?:confused:

9. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I wish I had that info earlier, It looks like they have that "free shipping" ad all the time, but never honor it. The Better Buisness Burea seems to have a ton of complaints. Maybe we should have a forum just for reviews of different vendors service, a rating system of some kind. I did a search for four wheel parts wholesalers but it brings up too much unrelated stuff. I'll post if I run into problems with my order. They didn't send me a tracking number yet.

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

A search on 4WP will only bring up bad stuff. Most of the time. I bought a set of degree shims at the store and had no problem. Of course I walked in and found them on the shelf myself.

11. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Tires arrived well packaged, everything from the offer including a nice tire guage 0-100psi. tires look great, haven't had them in the mud or snow yet but they handle as well as any other mud tire on the street, maybe better. Good balance job. No overnight flatspotting like was posted on a review I found, and road noise is not even an issue with a 6.2. I cut the inside corners off the front fenders just in case, but there is plenty of room. I can't overemphasize how great these look on black rims, on a stock height M1008, looks like they should of been army issue. might find some mud this weekend, definatly saving up for a turbo in the spring. so much for keeping this my "stock" daily driver. :doah:

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is their road hazard way out of line? I always get it from Discount Tire and its always paid for itself. 2 new MTRs this last purchase :D

13. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

The only thing I bought from 'em has been a tow hook and a strap. In store. Theres web pages dedicated to 4 wheel parts crappy service and so called deals.

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yep, same here. The infamous tow strap fiasco, weasels tried to squirm out of that deal too on a bunch of us. I wouldn't use them again unless I had to.

15. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

ordered my lift from four wheel parts. Came in 3 packages. On a friday 2 of the 3 came, one with the hardware and blocks, and one front leafspring. Called and raised hell they said it would be there next business day, so that weekend i started torching out bolts, that front leaf spring did not show up until the next friday, and that was only after they claimed the one was lost and they had to overnight me another one. Its to bad they have such ****ty service because they have some nice products

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

:D
    I FIX!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

What is you native tongue? :eek1:

18. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4WP famous scam is to say "free shipping", but then charge you a "handling fee". 4WP is the last place I would buy anything.

19. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Here at their Hayward warehouse if you buy wheels and tires then the mounting and balancing is free but they make you pay for valve stems. No big cost but stupid if you ask me.

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no, its just something i say from time to time. not the first time CK5 has seen it.

actually pronounced "I FEEX!"

i underlined my "fix" for those of you who didnt notice it. :D